'Brave' White & Gold, Porcelain and Sterling Silver Earrings
'Brave' studs. From my 'Fem' collection. This range explores the concept of value and perseverance. A celebration of feminine courage and resilience, inspired by the bravery shown by women both historically and today. Solid shell like porcelain surrounds a pure gold centre.
Effortlessly elegant and wearable. These delicate yet striking studs combine pure white porcelain with 22k gold lustre. With comfortable 925 sterling silver posts and butterfly backs, they are designed to be worn every day with any outfit.
All Kat Foreman Jewellery is handmade in my Cambridge studio. Each item is a unique piece of art. Please allow for minor irregularities and variations to the photographs shown.
HOW WILL THE JEWELLERY BE PACKAGED?
Your items will be neatly packaged in a beautiful gift box and posted in a 100% recyclable small postage box to protect it while its on the way. I use Royal mail first class when posting items and delivery is Free in the UK.
I gladly accept returns and exchanges
Contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Dispatch items back within: 30 days of delivery
I don't accept cancellations
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
The following items can't be returned or exchanged
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
- Custom or personalised orders
- Worn Earrings
- Digital downloads
Conditions of return
Buyers are responsible for return postage costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
How Its Made
Each piece is first sculpted in raw porcelain. I use a combination of my hands and specialist clay tools to shape and create detail and then leave it to dry. It is then fired in a kiln to harden. Next I polish the surface, refining the smooth texture and then paint it with glaze. After firing the piece again at a temperature of over 1200 degrees Celsius (which purifies and strengthens the material), I hand paint 22k gold lustre into the desired areas. It is then fired for a third and final time and combined with either sterling silver or 14k gold filled findings to reveal the finished result you see in the picture.
Gold lustre colour may fade with use, particularly that worn close to the body. Sterling silver may become tarnished and dull over time. This is a normal result from long-term wear and contact with air. However, with careful handling your jewellery can have a longer life. Here are some care tips for you:
• Please avoid direct contact with water and chemical products, such as soap, perfume, hand cleaning gel, oils, make up, moisturisers, etc.
• Please do not wear jewellery while swimming or showering. Use a soft cloth to dry if it gets wet.
• Please do not yank and pull chains or components.
• You can remove tarnish from sterling silver with a silver cleaning cloth. This will not harm the porcelain.
• For the porcelain part, please avoid impact with hard surfaces and sharp objects as it can be a fragile material.
• Please store the jewellery in a dry place such as your bedroom, and not the bathroom. We recommend storing the jewellery in its original packaging to avoid it being damaged or scratched.
WHAT IF MY JEWELLERY BECOMES DAMAGED?
Please get in touch and I will do everything I can to repair the damage. Please note this may incur a cost.